Monday, June 13, 2011

Wedding Food


So this weekend I catered my first wedding reception. I learned a lot! I thought I would post the two recipes that were requested the most. The first is the punch recipe. I had so many people stop and ask me for this one, and even though when someone says punch you think girls the guys drank more than the ladies. This punch recipe comes from my Aunt Connie and I have no idea where she originally found it, but it is the best. The bride has a citrus allergy so I left out the lemonade and it was still very tasty, but I prefer it with lemonade.

Aunt Connie's Strawberry Punch
2 10 ounce packages of strawberries in syrup
64 ounce bottle of white grape juice
6 ounces lemonade concentrate frozen
10-12 ounces club soda
10-12 ounces ginger ale

Puree strawberries and lemonade. When ready to serve add juice, soda, and ginger ale. May want to add a little fresh lemon juice if you wish for your drink to be a little more like lemonade.

The second is the cheese ball recipe I made. I found this one in Party Receipts from the Charleston Junior League it is called Libby's Christmas Gift.

Cheese Ball
16 ounces cream cheese, at room temperature
1/2 pound sharp Cheddar cheese, grated
2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce, or more to taste
2 teaspoons grated onion
Cayenne pepper, to taste
1 cup chopped pecans or walnuts

Cream together the cheeses in a large bowl. Add the Worcestershire, onion, and cayenne and mix well.
Shape the mixture into 2 balls and roll each in the chopped nuts, to coat. Serve with crackers. Can be made several days ahead of time.

No comments:

Post a Comment